- Sunday, October 26
- Passenger Bar Sunday Social Monthly Vinyl SaleStarts: 2:00 pmLocation: Passenger Bar, 229 Roebling St, New York, NY 11211, United StatesDescription: Passenger Bar's Vinyl Sale is back again with even more amazing records, DJs, drink specials and more! Come get your fingers dusty while digging through thousands of records spanning rock, soul, jazz, funk, punk, indie, new wave, international, electronic, reggae, soundtracks and so much more! Gregorious, Chris and Record Grouch
- DJs Dave the Spazz & Andy Maltz - 60's RnB, Soul, Rock'n'Roll 45s - FREEStarts: 6:00 pmLocation: Union Pool, 484 Union Ave [Williamsburg]Description: WFMU DJ and monkey enthusiast Dave the Spazz spins his far out collection of wacky r'n'b and rock'n'roll 45s every Sunday evening at Williamsburg's Union Pool from 6 to 8. Then at 8, he hands the baton to Andy Maltz of Lil' Killers/Piggies fame for more rock'n'roll-ness.
- Ebola Party!
Welp, now that NYC has its very own CRISIS (SHOCK! HORROR!) and one of our favorite venues (The Gutter) has been struck down by the hand of EBOLA, what’s left of the weekend? Actually, a fair amount! So embrace the crisis and just luxuriate in the less crowded subways and slightly reduced douche factor. TONIGHT (FRIDAY): […]
- Finger Lickin’ 7: Halloween
EPISODE 7! Drew and Charles are back with the seventh episode of the Finger Lickin’ Podcast! We get kind of spooky on this episode, so brace yourself. Lots of R&B and punk rocking music, accompanied by fascinating banter betwixt Charles and Drew. TUNE IN! Get it on iTunes >>here<< Google+
- Finger Lickin’ Podcast 4
Charles and Drew are joined by Pierce from Silks and The Jigglers. They drank beer and ordered pizza. They also played a ton of killer Garage, R&B, Rockabilly, Soul, and Big Booty Bass.
- Headless Horsemen, Lyres and Real Kids @ The Bowery Electric 11/23 [PICS]
Cavestomp w/Wizard Sex, The Headless Horsemen, The Lyres and The Real Kids. If it wasn’t for one band name, you’d swear this was a bill from NY’s garage band heyday of the mid 80s. Nevertheless, here it was. While it is pretty impossible to recapture the vibe of those heady-times, the gig served as a […]
- The Flamin’ Groovies @ EUROPA, BROOKLYN 11/17 [PICS]
Sunday, November 17, 2013 After an kick-ass performance with The Sonics at Warsaw two days prior, the Flamin’ Groovies took to the stage for a surprise extra NY performance at Europa in Greenpoint. Despite the small turnout and recurrent sound issues, a fine time was had by all. More Groovies pix than you can shake […]
- Sat Aug 2: THE YOLKS, Cheap Sneakers, Big Huge @ DON PEDRO
SIX YEARS AGO… – The President of the United States was some yokel from Texas- Breaking Bad was in its first season- Miley Cyrus apologized for a photo showing her naked upper back …and a little band from Chicago called THE YOLKS killed it at a show at Brooklyn’s Don Pedro! Those were simpler times! […]
- Garage Punk Shows in NJ/NJ
- NJ/New York Venues (Maps & Info)
- NYC Record Stores (Maps & Info)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed
- Yep, Garage Punk NYC is on Facebook.
So like us already!
- Hey, did you know we're also on Twitter?!
Giddy Up and Follow GaragePunkNYC !
The 8TH issue of Bananas is out!
This is a print-only 'zine from some familiar faces including a few GaragePunkNYC Cretins! Follow Bananas on Facebook and/or order a copy (for the price of shipping!) on the website!
By the way, it's FREE so pick up a copy, whydontcha?