Busy time of year, this.
I’ve got some action for you this Friday & Saturday but the real action seems to be kicking off Sunday with Jonathan Toubin’s big ol’ party at Brooklyn Bowl… after that, it’s pretty much a steady stream of awesomeness every week into late June!
Two early happy hour DJ gigs tonight:
- DJ CrystalBlu at Beauty Bar Manhattan (FREE)
- Our own Drew Redmond spins 45s, possibly changes out of his impossibly stained Toubin shirt and generally stinks up the joint at Home Sweet Home from 8 til 11 (FREE)
In live action news, we’ve got the Pierced Arrows (formerly Dead Moon) at Mercury Lounge tonight (the late show). Â There’s not much more to be said about these folks except that they are totally crucial. $12?
Elsewhere, Habibi plays a show at DeathByAudio with a bunch of bands we’re not familiar with. $?
Late night, someone (???) is DJing Home Sweet Home after Drew. Â I’m just going to toss out there that it’s going to be the returning JT and friends, because I have no info and assume this makes sense. $3 cover.
Early live action at Secret Project Robot in Bushwick for the launch of the K-Holes new record. Â The show starting at 7:30 features the ‘holes, Call of the Wild, Hard Nips and DJs Kid Congo Powers and Micki Pellerano. $?
Over at Don Pedro, it’s Cinco de Mayo with a few folks who know how not to drink tequila (and do it anyway): Born Loose and the Blag Dahlia-admired Hookers (one of those ‘metal/punk’ bands we get frequent emails about). Â They’ll be doing it loud and proud, and in true Pedro style, the DOORS are at 10PM. Â How do you say “rager” in Spanish? $5?
On to the dancin’ parties:
- It’s Flip City time once again at the Satellite Lounge on Havemeyer with DJs Jumpy and Big Sir. 60′s pop & garage 45s all night! FREE
- Over in Mannahatta, find Eric Davidson wedged into HiFi in Alphabet City spinning the best rock’n'roll 45s on the island, even Prince’s “rockabilly” records if you ask nicely. 10PM-2AM FREE
- DJ Mr Vacation spins everything from soul to Tropicalia to boogaloo at the Commodore in Williamsburg. Top tip: arrive around 2AM for the best dancing. FREE
Not confirmed: Punk/glam band & DJ night Glammdammit is on the schedule for Grand Victory, but we haven’t heard anything. Let us know, will ya?
That’s all the time we have this week folks. Â Be sure to check back Sunday for Drew’s rundown of your early week!
SHIMMYTags: Call of the Wild, Eric Davidson, habibi, hard nips, k-holes, kid congo powers, micki pellerano, pierced arrows